Work permits are required for foreign filmmakers for working more than 15 days. If less than 15 days, permission must be sought from the authorized office of the Department of Employment. Applications should be made at the Department of Employment. The local coordinator company may be able to submit the form on your behalf but power of attorney need to be granted. Please note that the crew needs to collect his/her work permit in person. To apply for work permit, a non-immigrant visa is needed. In other case a tourist visa is sufficient.
Applying for work permits
* In case of working not exceeding 15 days
1. “WP 11” form.
2. One photograph (5x6 cm) taken within the last 6 months.
3. A copy of the applicant’s passport.
4. A copy of the company registration certificate.
5. Letter of Permission for filming issued by the Thailand Film Office.
6. Power of attorney granted by the applicant with an affixed 10 Baht duty stamp and copy of the grantee’s ID card (in case where the applicant is not able to submit their application in person).
* In case of working more than 15 days
1. “WP 2” form
2. Three photographs (5x6 cm) taken within the last 6 months.
3. An Employment Certificate (using the Department of Employment’s Form) which needs to be signed with the company seal affixed.
4. A letter from the Office of Tourism Development showing the foreigners’ name, position, passport number and Registration number of coordinator license.
5. A copy of the applicant’s passport (each copy must be signed by the applicant).
6. Medical Certificate
7. Power of Attorney granted by the applicant together with an affixed 10 Baht duty stamp and a copy of the grantee’s ID card (in case where the applicant is not able to apply in person).
8. “WP 10” form for notification of commencement of work together with Power of Attorney granted from the employer with an affixed 10 Baht duty stamp and a copy of grantee’s ID card and employer’s ID card.
Permit Fees :
- Baht 750 for a permit valid for not more than 3 months
- Baht 1,500 for a permit valid for over 3 months but not exceeding six months
- Baht 3,000 for a permit valid for over 6 months but not more than 1 year
To extend or renew the permit, the same fees as described above will apply.
Note: Work permit in Thailand is approved by the Director-General of the Department of Employment.
For more information, please visit www.doe.go.th
or contact Department of Employment
Tel : (662) 354 1762-6, (662) 245 2745
Fax : (662) 245 2533